[R] pasteFromExcel

Dan Murphy chiefmurphy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:18:18 CEST 2014

To Users of Excel:

Following advice from Brian and Markus, I created an RMarkdown "vignette"
that shows an example of how the pasteFromExcel function in the excelRio
package on github could be used by an actuary to transfer a triangle from
Excel to R. See today's post at http://trinostics.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, if you are located outside the US, the demonstrated
functionality will not work for you because the currency regex implemented
assumes the dollar sign ($) and comma/decimal punctuation of the form
999,999.00.

If anyone is interested in contributing currency regex expressions that
work in your locale, I would be happy to try to incorporate them in the
package. If anyone knows how best to determine the user's locale (might
"timezone" suffice?), I'd appreciate that help too.

Thanks a lot.

Dan