[R] Build a package on one Mac but unable to load this on another Mac

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Oct 18 18:51:17 CEST 2014

On 18/10/2014 17:34, Amos B. Elberg wrote:
> You could include just that library in your distribution, and change the dynamic link path using install_name_tool. I assume how to do so in detail is beyond the intended scope of this mailing list.

In fact you just need to change the path, as that library is included in
the CRAN R distribution (which I guess is what it being used, although
no one said which R it was).  Look in
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/lib  ....

It is also most likely possible to link against a static libgfortran, as
we do on Windows.

But this is indeed the wrong list: see the posting guide which it seems
neither of you have read.  Follow-ups to R-sig-mac ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
1 South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3TG, UK