[R] Update package dor r-devlop

Marc Girondot marc_grt at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 12 08:12:40 CEST 2014

I use R-devel 3.2 in order to check "as cran" packages that I develop.
To maintain my package uptodate, I cannot use the update.packages()
directly because the packages are not still compiled for version 3.2.
Then I use:
update.packages(contriburl = contrib.url(repos=options("repos")$repos,
type="source"))

But at the time of installation, I get an error, for example:
 > update.packages(contriburl =
contrib.url(repos=options("repos")$repos, type="source"))
nlme :
  Version 3.1-117 installed in
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.2/Resources/library
  Version 3.1-118 available at http://cran.irsn.fr/src/contrib
Update (y/N/c)?  y
essai de l'URL 'http://cran.irsn.fr/src/contrib/nlme_3.1-118.tgz'
Error in download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
   impossible d'ouvrir l'URL
'http://cran.irsn.fr/src/contrib/nlme_3.1-118.tgz'
De plus : Warning message:
In download.file(url, destfile, method, mode = "wb", ...) :
   ouverture impossible : le statut HTTP était '404 Not Found'
Warning in download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd, available = available,  :
   le téléchargement du package ‘nlme’ a échoué

When I use :
install.packages("nlme", type="source")
essai de l'URL 'http://cran.irsn.fr/src/contrib/nlme_3.1-118.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 759483 bytes (741 Kb)
URL ouverte
downloaded 741 Kb

It works well.

It seems at .tgz is not available in CRAN mirror. It is normal ?
Is it a way to force .tar.gz to be used ?

Thanks

Marc Girondot