[R] truncated normal

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 18:32:19 CEST 2014

Bob O'Hara <rni.boh <at> gmail.com> writes:

> This isn't an R question at all, so I don't know why it's on this list. But
> the best answer I've got is "a truncated t-distribution with an infinite
> number of degrees of freedom".
>
> Bob

   Or, perhaps more productively:  "since your question is a general
statistical question, it might be more useful to ask it (e.g.) on
CrossValidated, <http://stats.stackexchange.com> ; however, you'll
also need to expand and/or clarify your question before you ask
it there.  It's not clear what kinds of similarity and/or properties
you are looking for.  More context would be helpful."