[R] cyclic dependency when building a package

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at me.com
Sun Nov 30 16:15:26 CET 2014

Hi All,

I am working on a package BondLab for the analysis of fixed income securities.  Building the package results in the following:

Error in loadNamespace(package, c(which.lib.loc, lib.loc)) :
cyclic namespace dependency detected when loading ‘BondLab’, already loading ‘BondLab’

It occurs when I set the generic for the function mortgagecashflow.  Further if a function uses mortgagecashflow, similarly its generic, when set, causes the above error.  Other generics do not throw this error so I am quite sure it is mortgagecashflow.  The package and the code can be found on github.
https://github.com/glennmschultz/BondLab.git

I have been trying to figure this out for a couple of months to no avail. If anyone has familiarity with this issue I would certainly appreciate any help with the issue.

Thanks,
Glenn