[R] porting an access database to sqlite

Fri Nov 28 08:17:31 CET 2014

This is not really on topic here. At best the R-sig-db mailing list would be on topic, but it seems you may be dealing with issues related to nonstandard sql so you might need to find some additional help in a more Access-specific forum.

One thing you might try is using a specific column name from your table instead of the "*" symbol in the COUNT function... preferably a unique primary key column.

The reason the primary key is important is because sql doesn't assume the date are ordered the way R does... it is only as ordered as the indexes that are used to retrieve it. That may also be a clue for you to use in figuring out how to divide up the data into smaller chunks.

One thing I can say is that allocating chunks of memory and then freeing them can break up your available memory into pieces and make allocating more memory impossible. Unfortunately, troubleshooting such problems is highly dependent on your hardware and software configuration as well as the exact steps you are following. Since you have not attempted to create a reproducible example yet, you might want to do that before posting at R-sig-db to improve your chances of getting help.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing