[R] plot.hclust point to older version

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 25 21:18:14 CET 2014

On 26/11/14 08:53, Michael Mason wrote:
> Here you are. I expect most folks won't get the error.
>
> N   = 100; M = 1000
> mat = matrix(1:(N*M) + rnorm(N*M,0,.5),N,M)
> h   = hclust(as.dist(1-cor(mat)))
> plot(h)
>
> Error in .Internal(dend.window(n, merge, height2, hang, labels, ...)) :
>    there is no .Internal function 'dend.window'
>

> Thanks again
>

> On 11/25/14 11:29 AM, "Rolf Turner" <r.turner at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>

>> Reproducible example???
>>
>> (I know from noddink about hclust, but I tried the example from the help
>> page and it plotted without any problem.)
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Rolf Turner
>>
>> On 26/11/14 06:13, Michael Mason wrote:
>>> Hello fellow R users,
>>>
>>> I have recently updated to R 3.1.2. When trying to plot an hclust
>>> object to generate the dendrogram I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Error in .Internal(dend.window(n, merge, height2, hang, labels, ...)) :
>>>     there is no .Internal function 'dend.window'
>>>

>>> I am indeed using R3.1.2 but my understanding is that the .Internal API
>>> to the C code is no longer used. I have tried detaching the stats
>>> package and restarting R to no avail.
>>> I would love any help from any wiser guRus.

Please keep communications on-list; there are others on the list far
more likely to be able to help you than I.  I am cc-ing this reply to
the list.

For what it's worth, I can run your example without error.

As to how to track down what is going wrong on your system, I'm afraid I
have no idea.  Someone on the list may have some thoughts.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Rolf Turner