[R] DOT PLOT help!!

Mon Nov 24 20:21:07 CET 2014

"Some" of the web sites are likely always going to be over your head. The correct strategy is to find some that are within reach, and work your way through them. If you cannot copy some example code into R and execute it from one of the sites that comes up when you search for "R dotplot" (e.g. [1]) then you won't have much success communicating in a mailing list. You really need to be able to give us the sequence of commands you are having trouble with to get useful assistance via email.

One of the biggest stumbling blocks for new R users is understanding data, how it is imported, and how it is stored [2]. It might not seem like the most likely place to start, but the Intro to R document and the Importing Data document that come with R have a treasure trove of useful stuff. If you need more handholding than that then there are quite a few books and online courses.

[1] http://www.statmethods.net/graphs/dot.html
[2] R is interactive..  learn to use the str function and the help system (try typing ?str at the R prompt) to examine variables that examples are using.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing