[R] C project within R function

Mark Sharp msharp at txbiomed.org
Sat Nov 22 06:37:38 CET 2014

Diogo,

For a gentle introduction to package creation see Hadley Wickham's book in progress on the subject at http://r-pkgs.had.co.nz. This site is particularly accessible if you use RStudio, but is not dependent on its use.

I use very simple packages that are not designed to be used by others to organize my work because it is the easiest way to structure projects that use many functions. As Duncan has stated, it is the only reasonable way to use C, FORTRAN, or C++ subroutines and functions.

Mark