[R] Rose Diagrams for Geology

David Doyle kydaviddoyle at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 05:06:03 CET 2014

Thank you to David and David for their help.  The code below generated what
I needed.

library(circular)
mydata <- read.table("http://doylesdartden.com/R/Joints.csv", header=TRUE,
sep=",",)
x <- circular(mydata$JointsRad)
rose.diag(x,

          #Set point character to use
          pch = 20,
          #sets font size
          cex = 1,
          #parameter that controls the size of the circle.
          #1= default <1 makes it larger > makes it smaller
          shrink = 1,
          #the color for filling the rose diagram.
          col=2,
          prop = 2,
          # number of bins.  36 = 10 degrees each.  18 = 20 degree each
          bins=36,
          # Ticks showing bins
          ticks=TRUE,
          # Unites.