[R] Cannot change R package name in Windows and cannot install an R package in Mac OS Yosemite

Michael Peng michael.gang.peng at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 23:05:46 CET 2014

Hi,

I am now writing an R package LFSpro. I build it for both Mac OS and
Windows.

For Windows, the binary package name is LFSpro_1.0.3.zip. It can be
installed into R successfully. But when I changed the name to
LFSpro_1.0.3.Windows.zip, an error occurred:

Error in read.dcf(file.path(pkgname,"DESCRIPTION"), c("Package",
"TYPE")):cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In read.dcf(file.path(pkgname,"DESCRIPTION") c("Package", "TYPE")) cannot
open compressed file 'LFSpro_1.0.3.Windows/DESCRIPTION', probable reason
'No such file or directory'

Why we cannot change the package name in windows?

The R package is build on http://win-builder.r-project.org/. There is no
error when built it on http://win-builder.r-project.org/. We installed it
in Windows 7 and 8.1. The R version is 3.1.2.

For Mac OS, someone tested it on Yosemite, an error occurred:

R[1588:958444] plugin com.getdropbox.dropbox.garcon interrupted

I googled the error message, it seems that there is an incompatibility
between R and Yosemite. But when I tested it by myself on Yosemite, there
is no such an error. The user is in Brazil, and he is not very familiar
with R. I don't know why this error occurs.

Is anyone has any idea why there is this error message. The R package is
build in R 3.1.1 and Mac OS X 10.6.8.

If anyone want to test the R package, you can download it from
http://bioinformatics.mdanderson.org/main/LFSpro

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best,
Gang