[R] Error when install R package in Windows

Michael Peng michael.gang.peng at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:35:44 CET 2014

Dear all,

I am now writing a R library. After I build it in Windows *R CMD INSTALL
--build --compile-both foo.tar.gz*, I get a file foo.zip. foo.tar.gz is the
source file tarball. When I tried to install the package in R (
*install.packages("foo.zip")*, or choose the zip file from menu
package/install packages), an error occurred:

In read.dcf(file.path(pkgname, "DESCRIPTION"), c("Package", "Type")) :
cannot open compressed file ‘/DESCRIPTION', probable reason 'No such
file or directory'

But if I install the package in the console: *R CMD INSTALL foo.zip*, there
is no such problem.

I am working on Windows 7 and R version is 3.1.2.

And there is no problem for Mac OS and Linux.

Thanks,
Gang