[R] Lme4 Package Help!

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 01:01:03 CET 2014

Daniel Mello <dmello2 <at> ucmerced.edu> writes:

> Hello, all!
>
> So, as stated in the title, the Lme4 package used
> to output p-values for the
> fixed effects. What happened?!
>
> Literally 2 weeks ago, I ran code, got output with no errors, and had
> p-values listed for my fixed effects.
>
> Now, running THE SAME CODE with THE SAME DATASET (nothing at all has
> changed, not the data, not my computer, not R, nothing), I do not get
> p-values.
>
> I've tried other computers, I've tried resetting R.
>
> Any ideas? I'd really need to get some p-values.
>
> Thank you!

  Applying my mind-reading skills, I'm going to guess that you are
running anova() and that you had previously loaded the lmerTest package
(which extends the anova() method from lme4 in several ways), and that
now you are loading only the base lme4 package and not the lmerTest
package.

  If my guess isn't right, then you're going to have to provide more
information.

  Follow-ups to r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org , please .

  Ben Bolker