[R] Gui for R-Script

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:59:36 CEST 2014

There are several options for creating GUIs depending on how much
control you want and how much work you are willing to put in.

One simple option is the tkexamp function in the TeachingDemos
package.  This approach would require whoever receives your script to
have R running, but then they could just run your script and have a
GUI to change parameters and see the results.

Another option is shiny from the Rstudio developers.  This has 2
options, you can either send a script that the user would then run on
their own machine (would need R and packages installed) or you can set
up a server and send the user the URL, R would only be installed on
the server and the user would only need web access.

I don't know of any options that would produce an .exe, since any R
code does need access to an implementation of R and it seems a bit of
overkill to package all of R with each sample script that you want to
run.