[R] Computer requirements to run R on huge datasets

Fri May 30 16:39:11 CEST 2014

You have given information related to the number of rows that will be involved, but have offered nothing about the number of columns. That is okay though...  you should attempt your algorithms on progressively larger datasets to gauge how your problem scales and use your operating system to observe how much memory is involved and extrapolate. You can also rent time on cloud servers such as Amazon offers.

Any minimum number we tell you could turn out to be insufficient when you start exploring your large data sets... it is better for you to make your own estimate and safety margin so you don't blame us when it turns out to run slowly or choke completely.

Also, please stop posting in HTML format as requested by the Posting Guide.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing