[R] Problem with sample session

Stephen Meskin actuary at umbc.edu
Thu May 29 23:56:14 CEST 2014

Thanks Greg for your response. Is there a work around?

Of course this begs the question as to Why is attach part of the sample session in App. A of the introductory manual? All the commands are directly from App. A. Is it possible the configuration of R on my computer is not in accord with acceptable practice? I.e. Could my configuration be set so that attach works as App. A intends?
If not then App. A needs to be changed to replace attach.
If so, then App. A needs to provide instructing on appropriate configuration of R for newbies.

Stephen Meskin
Sent from my iPad