[R] Install Windows/R/.zip package under Linux/R

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Tue May 27 23:42:37 CEST 2014

On 28/05/14 01:28, will.eagle at gmx.net wrote:

>     Dear all,
>
>     how can I install the Windows/R package
>     http://www.ssg.uab.edu/bhglm/files/BhGLM_1.0.zip
>     under Linux/R?
>
>     There is no CRAN package.
>     Simply, applying gunzip, tar -czvf, R CMD INSTALL *.tar.gz did not work.

Don't mess about tarring up the results of unzipping.

In some temporary directory, simply:

     unzip BhGLM_1.0.zip
     cp -r BhGLM <the appropriate library>

where "<the appropriate library>" is the library where you keep your
installed additional packages.  I did

     cp -r BhGLM ~/Rlib

since I keep my add-on packages in ~/Rlib.

Some people just use the "system" library; e.g.
/usr/local/lib64/R/library; you will need to assume superuser privileges
(use sudo, perhaps) to copy the package to that location.

It's as easy as that.

cheers,

Rolf Turner