[R] Balloon plot scaling problem

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sun May 25 01:36:10 CEST 2014

On Sat, 24 May 2014 08:56:59 AM David Winsemius wrote:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20458379/changing-size-of-the-dots-in-a-b
> alloon-plot-and-keeping-zero-values:

Hi David,
I checked this out and it appears to be a solution to the problem of zero
values becoming invisible when a size transformation is applied to the
ggplot2 object. While this is a nice solution to the problem posed, it
doesn't seem to address Kathy's difficulty in emphasizing the differences
between her closely spaced values. I reinstalled ggplot2, but I couldn't
work out how to reproduce her plot as the help page for "ggplot2" seems
to be blank. I had a look at the "stat" and "scale" arguments/functions,
but was unable to locate anything that allowed the user to specify an
arbitrary transformation of data values to plot areas. Perhaps someone
with a better knowledge of ggplot2 can provide an answer.

Jim