[R] select randomly from a list

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 10:56:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am not sure I understand the problem.  Please provide a reproducible example using ?dput().

mylist <- list(1:3, LETTERS[1:2], rnorm(4))
sample(mylist,1)
sample(mylist,1)

 mylist1 <- list(1:2)
sample(mylist1,1)
#[[1]]
#[1] 1 2

 sample(mylist1,1)
#[[1]]
#[1] 1 2
A.K.

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:55 AM, Ragia Ibrahim <ragia11 at hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
kindly I want to select randomly and item from list of items. the list generated in a looping process.
I used sample(mylist,1) it works fine. BUTsome times the list have only one item. that should be chosen in this case since there is no other one.
I found that sample return different item not included in the list
thanks in advance
RAE