[R] NppToR / RMySQL / loadNamespace() Error

Peter Meissner peter_mei at web.de
Wed May 21 17:26:11 CEST 2014

Thanks a lot for the input (and thanks for R),

but nope, both R versions are  the same ... and I really do not think
that NppToR is actually causing the problem.

Since RMySQL has problems (as I understand the errors/warnings) to find
what it expects to find I thought that maybe there is a way to manually
tell it whatever information is lost when RGUI is started by an external
program (I already set the MYSQL_HOME system variable to where MySQL is
installed).

I really do not think that NppToR causes the problem but that the
startup is somewhat different and therefore path information get mixed
up or regestry entries are not found anymore - I guess.

(Info: NppToR is a small program that allows to use one of those very
very popular awesome, professional and allround text editors in
combination with R by passing through code from the editor to R ... like
Emacs for Windows or TinR or ... .)

Best, Peter