[R] Variation Inflation factor for GLS

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue May 20 18:09:52 CEST 2014

Dear Laura,

There is no car::vif() method for gls objects, but the approach that car:::vif.lm() uses -- to compute VIFs (and generalized VIFs) from the correlation matrix of the coefficients -- should be applicable to models fit by gls().

I'll take a look a providing a vif.gls() method when I have some time, but, especially if you want VIFs, as opposed to GVIFs, you should be able to do the computations yourself.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
McMaster University