[R] How to include static PDFs vignettes in an R package

Luca Scrucca luca at stat.unipg.it
Tue May 20 08:51:51 CEST 2014

Hi all,

prior to R version 3.0 I used to include a static PDF file as package vignette following the instructions in http://www.icesi.edu.co/CRAN/web/packages/R.rsp/vignettes/NonSweaveVignettes.pdf (I know this is a little bit old), except that the relevant files where in vignette/ directory of the package and not on inst/doc/.
This was recognized by the R build system, so the vignette appeared when calling browseVignettes() as well as in the 'Overview of user guides and package vignettes' section of the package HTML help page. However, this doesn't work anymore, and I have tried many different ways but with no success.
Did someone find another solution to include static PDF files as vignettes in R packages?
Thanks in advance.

Luca

Dr Luca Scrucca
Department of Economics