[R] Old version of R base and additional packages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 17 19:13:57 CEST 2014

On 17/05/2014 15:43, Ville Hallikainen wrote:
> Dear R-users,
> what is the most easiest way to download old versions of R and it's
> packages. I have found some functions, but none of them have worked. How
> to use the Archieve for this purpose. I would like to have detailed
> instructions for Ubuntu and Mac.

So please follow the posting guide and ask on R-sig-debian and R-sig-mac
respectively.  The 'detailed instructions' are in the 'R Installation
and Administration Manual' for the version(s) of R you want.

The 'easiest way' is to retrieve them from your personal backups (and
the only reason I can guess for wanting to do this is to reproduce old
work using tools you once had).

Older OS X binary R distributions are available at
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/old/ .  Only current (at the end of
the R series) binary packages are available on CRAN, so older ones would
need to be installed from the sources under src/contrib/Archive,
following the instructions in the manual.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk