[R] how to make R plot under Linux

Owen 815551145 at qq.com
Wed May 14 10:26:02 CEST 2014

Vojtěch Zeisek <Vojtech.Zeisek <at> opensuse.org> writes:

> On Linux You can use Rkward http://rkward.sourceforge.net/ - very nice and
> good graphical user interface for R.
>
> Dne Pá 19. února 2010 19:39:53 xinwei <at> stat.psu.edu napsal(a):
> > Hi, I am using R in Linux environment. How can i make plot in Linux just
> > like in windows?
> >
> > thanks

> >  minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Hi,
I have connected to the Linux server via ssh -X using Putty and can
successfully show "xclock" window in Xming.
However, when i used R and run  command "hist(c(1:10))", i cannot get the
figure in the Xming window (nothing happened in the Xming window).
The output of capabilities() is as following:
> capabilities()
    jpeg      png     tiff    tcltk      X11     aqua http/ftp  sockets
    TRUE     TRUE    FALSE    FALSE    FALSE    FALSE     TRUE     TRUE
  libxml     fifo   cledit    iconv      NLS  profmem    cairo
    TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE    FALSE     TRUE

What should i do to see the popup plot of R? should i need to ask the
Administrator to enable X11?
Thanks!