[R] Put short string labels vertically near tick marks on bottom axis

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed May 14 03:37:46 CEST 2014

On May 13, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Hurr wrote:

> David,
> The error I get is:
> Error: unexpected input in "horLabels=c(”"
> I don't get an error: "Smart quotes"
> I use Notepad for editor.

Right. You got an error,...  which you did not post. In my mail client the "double quotes" appeared with assymmetric descenders: ”   ... that is what I was calling a "smart quote" because that's what MS-Word calls it. I was using it as a term of derision.

... rather than ordinary double quotes: "

I have no experience with "Notepad", but it is apparently not protecting you from quoting with the incorrect characters for use in R. When I used R on a Windows device in the past I used TINN-R

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA