[R] clipart - box with rounded corners?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Mon May 12 08:00:58 CEST 2014

On 5/11/2014 8:53 PM, Paul Murrell wrote:
> Hi
>
> There is a grid.roundrect(), in case you are working in that
> alternative universe.

Hi, Paul:

       Is there an easy way to specify the roundrect arguments in
standard user coordinates?  "plot(7:8); grid.roundrect(.6, .4, .4, .2,
name='rr')" gave me a rectangle occupying roughly 50% of the horizontal
space and 30% of the vertical space in the plot region [not 40% and 20%
as I might naively expect], centered at roughly (1.6, 7.4).

       I found grid.roundrect mentioned on p. 179 of the second edition
of our "R Graphics".  I'll try reading that first part of your chapter 6
to see if that produces sufficient enlightenment.  I failed to achieve
sufficient understanding of grid from your first edition.

       Thanks,
       Spencer