[R] timedep in frailtypack

lydia elodie.gillain at gmail.com
Thu May 8 04:15:29 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to use the timedep(predictor) capability of the
frailtypack package in order to include time-varying covariates in a
frailty model. The following is an example of the code I use:

sha.time <- frailtyPenal(Surv(time,event)~cluster(id)+timedep(age)
,Frailty=TRUE,data=StudyData,n.knots=8,kappa1=1)

However, I get the following error message when running the above code.
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function "timedep"

I do get model parameter estimates when I remove timedep() from the syntax.

Thanks in advance for your help and pointers