[R] as.character(quote(x$y) ) = "$" "x" "y" not "x$y"?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Thu May 8 01:23:09 CEST 2014

       Thanks for the quick replies from Richard Heiberger, Greg Show &
Bert Gunter.

       Might it make sense to create as.character.call as an alias for
deparse?

       A few years ago, I wrote several functions like "predict.fd" as
aliases for functions with less memorable names like "eval.fd".  Doing
that made the "fda" package easier to use, at least for me ;-)

       Thanks again,
       Spencer