[R] help with pROC installation on a Debian box (Rcpp related)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Mar 28 19:09:01 CET 2014

Luca Braglia <lbraglia <at> gmail.com> writes:
> g++ -shared -o pROC.so RcppExports.o delong.o perfsAll.o >
> Rcpp:::LdFlags() > > -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
> g++: error: >: File o directory non esistente

This can happen when you have a ~/.Rprofile that messes up the invocation
of Rscript in the src/Makevars (which is no longer needed with Rcpp 0.11.0 or
later but that is a different story).

Try running R in --vanilla mode or hide ~/.Rprofile (if my hunch is correct).

Post on r-sig-debian for R-on-Debian questions and on rcpp-devel for Rcpp
issues.

Dirk