[R] Import multiple files into R

Marc Girondot marc_grt at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 20 19:52:58 CET 2014

You can check the function read_folder() in the package phenology.

read_folder(folder = try(file.choose(), silent = TRUE), wildcard = "*.*",
   read = read.delim, ...)
Arguments

folder
Where to search for files; can be or a file path or a folder path

wildcard
Define which files are to be read (examples: "*.*", "*.xls", "essai*.txt")

read
Function used to read file. Ex: read.delim or read.xls from gdata package

Parameters send to the read function

Details

read_folder reads all files present in a folder

Value

Return a list of the data in the files of the folder (directory for
windows users)

Sincerely,

Marc Girondot