[R] RTools and previous Cygwin installation--conflict?

Brent yhbrent at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 03:59:57 CET 2014

Duncan: so good to get a reply from the RTools maintainer! I decided for now to go with your simplest suggestion 1.  So, I deinstalled 64 bit cygwin,
reinstalled the 32 bit version, and hope that the RTools versions of the commands which will get picked up earlier in the PATH will not cause my cygwin any problems.

Gabor: if I ever find Duncan's
suggestion 1 inadequate, such as if I really need 64 bit cygwin, then I
will adapt one of your scripts.  Your scripts, by the way, deserve
special commendation: the code is beautiful, which is no easy feat in
DOS...