[R] Saving R files

David Parkhurst parkhurs at imap.iu.edu
Sun Mar 9 21:19:47 CET 2014

I hadn’t seen an error message because I hadn’t tried it yet.  I was
leery of doing so for two reasons.  First, I didn’t seen anything in the
?save page that said it was possible to save to a file and directory of
the user’s choice, and later to retrieve it!  It would be very useful to
a novice like me if the ?save page had an example at the end showing
that being done.  (Frankly, many of the help pages seem very dense, and
not sufficiently informative, to a novice like me.)

The second thing that made me leery of trying it was the text in the “R
for Windows FAQ” in section 2.10, that made me think (evidently wrongly)
that my projects had to be kept within R’s own directories.

I think you are suggesting that what I was asking about would work if I
used forward slashes.  I'll try that.

Thank you for the information you’ve provided.  It is helpful.

David