[R] trying to plot.

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 7 17:22:04 CET 2014

I'm going to assume that the binseg.mean.cumsum() function is from the
changepoint package. I don't know any details about this function or
package, so I'm going to make a suggestion based in basic R principles.

I'd suggest that for the time being you ignore whatever it is that the
changepoint documentation says about signatures, and instead do this:

  class(binsegeeV)

If the changepoint package includes a method for plotting objects of that
class, then
  plot(binsegeeV)
should produce a plot. It did not, which implies that the package does not
include a method.

Is there something in the package documentation that suggests a plot
function is provided?

Apparently, you'll have to figure out for yourself how to plot such an
object. Which might be easy, depending on what structure of binsegeeV is,
and what kind of plot you want. (Unfortunately, I can't help with that)

The one caveat I have is that perhaps the package has some plotting
capability for the output of binseg.mean.cumsum(), but there's something
else you have to do to make it work.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen