[R] Remove lattice panel

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Wed Mar 5 23:28:45 CET 2014

I am not sure what you mean by "remove" (reproducible example??,
code??) but see the "skip" argument of xyplot, which says:

skip:

A logical vector (default FALSE), replicated to be as long as the
number of panels (spanning all pages). For elements that are TRUE, the
corresponding panel position is skipped; i.e., nothing is plotted in
that position. The panel that was supposed to be drawn there is now
drawn in the next available panel position, and the positions of all
the subsequent panels are bumped up accordingly. This may be useful
for arranging plots in an informative manner.

Presumably you can omit data that you don't wish to be plotted via the
"subset" argument, or changing it to NA, or removing it from your
data.

If your issue is getting rid of unwanted empty factor levels, that can
be done by the "drop.unused.levels" argument.

If I haven't guessed what you mean, either explain more clearly or
hope that someone else does.

Cheers,

Bert

Bert Gunter