[R] Problem importing file in R after switching from windows to Ubuntu

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Mar 1 21:30:41 CET 2014

On 02/03/14 05:04, Christian De Santis wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Ista and Duncan,
>
> i solved the issue and you were both right. Ista, my file was spelled
> with a capital L (as in "Light") and it wasn't recognized. However,
> this was never a problem in windows as Duncan pointed out. You live
> and learn. :-)

I would just like to point out that it *was* a problem in Windoze, and
is *not* a problem in Ubuntu.  One *wants* names/words to be case
sensitive; that's why we have cases!

If you are used to an OS that does things wrong, then it takes a while
to adjust to one that does things right, but doing it right is still the
right thing to do.

cheers,

Rolf Turner