[R] [R-SIG-Mac] upgrade to Mavericks

Franklin Bretschneider bretschr at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 28 16:10:35 CET 2014

Dear Richard M. Heiberger,

Re:

> Apple has been popping an offer for a free upgrade to Mavericks.
> (I currently have OS X Lion10.7.5 on an 8GB MacBook Air).
> Other than this offer from Apple, I have no dissatisfaction with the Mac
> for my use pattern.
>
> There has been much comment on this list about the difficulties of
> compiling R with Mac.
> I am not planning to compile R.
>
> Are there any remaining issues with using R on the Mac that should make
> we want to not upgrade?  Or is Mavericks now stable enough that upgrading
> would make sense.

Mavericks seems OK: I bought a MacBook Air last december, and immediately put Mavericks on it.
Since then, I'm running R (3.0.x) without any problems (as far as I remember).
So it seems safe to upgrade (as to R; other software, such as Filemaker pro, might be incompatible, so read the forums).

Best regards,

Frank
--

Franklin Bretschneider