[R] Clinical significance - Equivalence test

Manuel Carona unkuiri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 14:53:42 CET 2014

Hi,

I have implemented a therapeutic intervention on two groups (one is a
control group) and tested them in two moments using some assessment
tools (with normative data). Now I want to compare the experimental
group with the control group using clinical equivalence testing. To do
this I need to specify a range of closeness (One for each assessment
tool according to the specificity of this same tool) and do two
one-tailed tests to test if the two groups are considered clinically
equivalent in the first moment and on the end I want to compare the
experimental group with the normative data (Here I have to add the mean
and standard deviation of the normative sample because I don't have the
normative sample).

I know that R has a package named equivalence but I don't know how to do
this kind of calculations with it. Is it even possible with the actual
packages?

Thanks in advance