[R] Updating R and Bioconductor packages in a different folder.

Luca Cerone luca.cerone at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 10:51:22 CET 2014

Dear all,
I use R on a server on which I don't have administrative access.
I would like to update some of the R and Bioconductor packages I use
for my daily analysis,
however some of those packages are installed system-wide.
I would like to know how I can update those packages installing them
in my ~/R/ folder, and if this would cause any incompatibility.

So how can I get a list of packages that needs updating and force the
update to install them in my local folder?

Thanks a lot in advance for all the help,

Cheers,
Luca