[R] Specifying strip.names in Lattice plots

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 4 20:49:05 CET 2014

   I've read Deepayan's book, ?strip, and ?strip.default, without learning
how to specify strip names on xyplots. The following command produces the
attached plot:

xyplot(cbind(dalles.disch.ts, dalles.temp.ts), strip.left, main = "Columbia
River @ The Dalles", xlab = "Date (Year.Month)", ylab = c("Temperature
(C)","Discharge (cfs)"))

   However, when I try to specify names for each strip using panel functions
I either get a blank plot or error messages. What I want to learn how to do
is either 1) put the ylab in the strip or 2) eliminate the strip as
redundant.

TIA,

Rich