[R] Delaunay triangles with LONG/LAT + biomass

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Mon Jun 30 21:32:42 CEST 2014

One place to start would be the "Spatial" task view on CRAN.
The other would be to ask on R-sig-geo, where people who specialize in
spatial data "hang out".

Delaunay triangulation is available in several packages. A simple search
for "delaunay" on the CRAN packages page will easily find at least one.
You will also need the sp package for sure.

Assigning a value to each triangle may or may not be easy, it will depend,
probably among other things, on the data structure returned by whatever
function you end up using to create the triangles.

Based on a quick look at your acon web page, you might be happy with
   akima::interp   Gridded Bivariate Interpolation for Irregular Data

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory