[R] RWeka: how to pass arguments to BayesNet for specific search method

p_connolly p_connolly at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Jun 19 06:28:24 CEST 2014

My suggestion is not entirely satisfactory, but it's got me out
of a few jams.

When I can't get the RWeka syntax to work, I resort to using
direct weka code in a system call.  One such example looks like
this and will make sense if you know how Weka does things.

system("java weka.classifiers.bayes.NaiveBayes -t HWlrTrain.arff -T
HWlrTest.arff -o -threshold-file Threshold.arff")

thresholdNB.df <- read.arff("Threshold.arff")

I know it kind of defeats the purpose somewhat.  But it is making
use of RWeka's ability to make arff files which is quite useful
in itself.

HTH

Patrick