[R] Use of library(X) in the code of library X.

Bart Kastermans kasterma at kasterma.net
Fri Jun 6 16:26:12 CEST 2014

To improve my R skills I try to understand some R code written by others.  Mostly
I am looking at the code of packages I use.  Today I looked at the code for the
caret package

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/caret_6.0-30.tar.gz

in particular at the file R/adaptive.R

This file starts with:

adaptiveWorkflow <- function(x, y, wts, info, method, ppOpts, ctrl, lev,
                             metric, maximize, testing = FALSE, ...) {
  library(caret)
  loadNamespace("caret”)

From ?library and googling I can’t figure out what this code would do.

Why would you call library(caret) in the caret package?

Best regards,
Bart
—
http://kasterma.net