[R] Error clmm(){ordinal}

Rune Haubo rune.haubo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:21:37 CEST 2014

Aurore,

I don't know if car::Anova is able/should be able to produce anova
tables for clmm objects; I usually use drop1() (and sometimes add1) to
test terms in CLMMS:

> library(ordinal)
> fm1 <- clmm(rating ~ temp + contact + (1|judge), data=wine)
> drop1(fm1, test="Chi")
Single term deletions

Model:
rating ~ temp + contact + (1 | judge)
        Df    AIC    LRT  Pr(>Chi)
<none>     177.13
temp     1 209.59 34.464 4.343e-09 ***
contact  1 189.48 14.347  0.000152 ***
---
Signif. codes:  0 ‘***’ 0.001 ‘**’ 0.01 ‘*’ 0.05 ‘.’ 0.1 ‘ ’ 1

Here you get the more accurate likelihood ratio tests instead of the
faster and more convenient Wald tests that (if I recall correctly)
car::Anova can provide.

HTH,
Rune