[R] Survival analysis

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jan 29 01:01:58 CET 2014

On Jan 28, 2014, at 7:58 AM, Endy BlackEndy wrote:

> Dear R users, how I can implement Breslow and Tarone-Ware tests for
> survival analysis?

Tests ... of what?

Perhaps you should learn to search:

install.packages('sos')
library(sos)
findFn("Tarone-Ware")

The 'comp' function in {survMisc} package promises several log-rank tests, one of them named Tarone-Ware, another named Gehan-Breslow. It would probably help to refer to the section of Klein J, Moeschberger M 2003 Survival Analysis, 2nd edition, that is cited on the help page. These test are described in terms of Fleming-Harrington weights and Klein and Moeschberger has several pages describing this family of tests.

> Also, is there any way I can estimate and plot the hazard function,along
> the lines of the survival function in Survival Package?

Do you meant the (cumulative) hazard function that is 1 minus the survival function? (And you should not capitalize the name of the 'survival' package.)

--

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA