[R] KnitR/RMarkdown: Is there a way to not print a section of the document?

Luke Miller millerlp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 02:18:33 CET 2014

In the chunk options, you can use the argument echo = FALSE to
suppress display of the R code in the output.
<< echo = FALSE>>=
# R code
@
This will still print out results from R that would be sent to the
command line (like print() statements, cat() statements, results from
summary(), etc), but the rest of the code in the chunk would be hidden
from the output document.

To make it easier to turn many code chunks on and off at once, define
a variable as TRUE/FALSE early in the document, and then use that
variable as the argument in the subsequent chunk options:

<<echo = FALSE>>=
showcode = FALSE
@

Every other chunk gets this argument:
<< echo = showcode>>=
# R code. If showcode is FALSE, this code would be run, but not
displayed in the output document.
@