[R] Regression on presence/absence matrix

Daniel Patón Domínguez d.paton.d at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 11:32:21 CET 2014

> The library of packages that installs with R includes the stats
> package, in the stats package is the glm function for fitting
> generalized linear models.  Using glm with a binomial family will fit
> a logistic regression which can be used as you describe.
>
> If you really feel the need to use an additional package then lrm in
> the rms package is another option (and I am sure there are others as
> well).

Dear colleague:

I know both possibilities but I am speaking about a relationship between two sets of presence/absence data. Usually I use Canonical Correspondence Analysis for this but I am not sure if a specific package of R is designed for this type of data

Many thinks for your useful and kind response.

"Good forms, an appropriate emotional equilibrium and not prejudge to people are questions very essential for a correct and fluid communication"
 Daniel Patón Domínguez
 Numerical Ecology. Ecology Unit
 Department of Plant Biology, Ecology and Earth Sciences
 Faculty of Sciences. University of Extremadura
 Avda. Elvas s/n 06071 Badajoz (Spain)
 http://unex.academia.edu/DanielPatonDominguez
 https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Paton/
 http://sites.google.com/site/numericalecologyuex/home