[R] Q: vcd - assocstats - scaling phi/phi max

Tue Jan 21 01:16:47 CET 2014

First off, it is rude to simultaneously post the same question on stackexchange and R-help. Don't do it.

Second, posting using HTML is a good way to cause confusion in conveying your question clearly, since this mailing list strips it out. Please read the Posting Guide mentioned at the bottom of this or any list message.

Third, perhaps you could indicate why the documentation for that function does not answer your question. As in what is missing from the information you get when you type

library(vcd)
?assocstats

at the R command prompt? Knowing that could help the package maintainer provide more effective documentation in the future, so your question could contribute to everyone else's experience at the same time it is answered.

Fourth, Google seems to turn up a quite a number of hits on this function, including howtos. If you did this and failed to find an answer, why didn't you mention that? And if you did not do it, did you really think posting would get you an answer faster than a web search?

(Oh, and for future reference, even though the library function is used to load it, vcd is properly referred to as a package, not a library.)
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing