[R] Solving Classification problems in R

JiHO jo.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 18:01:45 CET 2014

Do you mean supervised or unsupervised classification.

If supervised, I have had great success using gradient boosted
classification in package gbm. multinomial distribution will get you
multiple classes and it will select relevant predictors by itself
given the training data.

Not sure about the customized cost functions

Jean-Olivier Irisson
—
Université Pierre et Marie Curie
Laboratoire d'Océanographie de Villefranche
181 Chemin du Lazaret 06230 Villefranche-sur-Mer
Tel: +33 04 93 76 38 04
Mob: +33 06 21 05 19 90
http://www.obs-vlfr.fr/~irisson/
Send me large files at: http://www.obs-vlfr.fr/~irisson/upload/