[R] problem of calculate mean value of large time series data

Thu Feb 27 07:37:22 CET 2014

If all you want is the mean, why not do it in Java? That sounds like a half gigabyte of memory in the best case, and you are trying to move it around from process to process, making copies here and there. If you are on 32 bit OS then that will fragment your memory pretty quick.

Anyway, you should read the Posting Guide... HTML email should be plain text, no reproducible example, no sessionInfo... plenty of "opportunities for excellence" here.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing