[R] plot out the predicted values and the upper and lower limits

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Feb 26 23:54:18 CET 2014

When in doubt, first consult the included online help.

   ?predict.lm

Offers this example, which seems to meet the request

x <- rnorm(15)
y <- x + rnorm(15)
predict(lm(y ~ x))
new <- data.frame(x = seq(-3, 3, 0.5))
predict(lm(y ~ x), new, se.fit = TRUE)
pred.w.plim <- predict(lm(y ~ x), new, interval = "prediction")
pred.w.clim <- predict(lm(y ~ x), new, interval = "confidence")
matplot(new$x, cbind(pred.w.clim, pred.w.plim[,-1]),
        lty = c(1,2,2,3,3), type = "l", ylab = "predicted y")

(note that all the functions come with R and are loaded by default)

And predict.lm can be found in the "See also" section of ?predict.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory